Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Vintage Style Easter

Hello everyone~  Today I'm sharing a project made for Craft Dee BowZ.  This is the company that makes the compact little bow tying tool I use nearly every day!  I found a delightful, vintage image on line and designed this card around it...

RebeccaDeeprose VintageEgg-1

Layers of distressed papers, stitching, ribbon, a flower, antique trim, stained cheescloth, pearls, a feather, a die cut wreath….all favorite things, went into this card...

RebeccaDeeprose Vintage Egg-2

A length of ribbon runs along the bottom edge and is topped with some antique trim.  The corner sports a multi-looped bow and a chiffon flower...

RebeccaDeeprose VintageEgg-3

This corner shows off some of the papery layers, a white feather tucked in between and a piece of spring fern peeking out from under the cheesecloth.  Some pearls add some shine and light...

RebeccaDeeprose VintageEgg-4

A delicate branching wreath, cut from patterned paper was also tucked into the layers...

RebeccaDeeprose VintageEgg-5

For this charming image, I used some treasured silk buttonhole twist to stitch a border.  It is thicker than sewing thread and has the most wonderful sheen.
Here is the image for your own enjoyment.  I have searched the internet and not found any copyright restrictions on it's use...

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 9.24.15 PM

With spring just a few days away, it is my hope you are feeling some warmth from the sun and seeing the stirrings in the trees and creatures around us...
I will be entering this card into these challenges;
Sending you ((hugs)) and blessings,
Rebecca



8 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

So gorgeous and I love all the layers. That flower in the center of your bow is a very beautiful addition.

Donna Maligno said...

Rebecca,this is amazing with all that texture going on. I want to reach out and touch it! Wonderful card.

Vicki robertson said...

Gorgeous card, Rebecca! Lots of texture and layers.

Donna Ellis said...

beautiful work of art, Rebecca! It needs to be framed. Love all the texture, but certainly, I really like the bow! looks great! hugs, de

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful vintage card. I love your beautiful bow and the gorgeous flower you added to it as well.

Carol S said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the layers and texture!

Shea said...

As soon as I saw this card I thought "That looks like one of Rebecca's creations!" Sure enough...and it's filled to the brim with all the things that turn me to butter. LOVE all the lovely close ups, thank you for sharing all the yummy details of this card that I will definitely be pinning for future inspiration!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Beautiful card! I love all the textured layers and shabby goodness! Thanks for the inspiration! :)