Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

An Aqua Fairy

Hello sweet blog friends and welcome!  Today I have a card to share with you, using my Craft Dee BowZ bow maker.  I'm on an aqua and flower fairy roll, so I took this image that's been stored on my computer and had some fun.  I haven't found any copyright restrictions on it and so I am sharing it with you for your own use...

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 8.27.18 PM

Some coloring with alcohol inks to transform the aqua flowers and fairy dress and pump up the color of the greens...

RebeccaDeeprose CTB-1

I gently tinted the flowers, the fairy's dress and glittered her little wings before assembling this card...

RebeccaDeeprose CTB-2

I made a quadruple bow with seam binding, topping it with some flower stamens and a velvety blossom.  A sprig of wired aqua crystals twines it's way up the side of the image...

RebeccaDeeprose CTB-3

The sentiment was stamped using an olive ink, dabbed with some light brown ink, directly onto the stamp.  A finger dauber and some aqua ink was applied in a casual ring around the words after it was stamped...

RebeccaDeeprose CTB-4

There are layers of trims used on the background and the upper right corner is embellished with a gossamer butterfly and some paper flowers I have had in a drawer for longer than I can remember.  I added the white flower stamens to these simple, paper flowers before adhering them.

Thanks so much for stopping by and a huge thank you for the wonderful comments you have left!!!  I create in alone and so it's terrific to hear your feedback and thoughts!

Sending you blessings and ((hugs)),